Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Blackberry Banana Avocado Smoothie

So I been drinking these smoothies every single day for the last month and because of that, I do not go a day without drinking one. Today I was very busy and kept trying to get to it but then something else would come up, but I was not going to let myself not drink one today for the first time in a month. I also have a 3 month old little boy who keeps me very busy but I will always make time out of my day to make one. Once you start drinking one of these everyday and turn it into a habit, you won't want to miss a day!

This one is very good, I tried using more vegetables in this recipe. Whenever I make a smoothie, I'm always reaching for the fruit! I definetly need to get better at that, but I'm trying! :) either way they are very good for you. :)

Also, I added a banana after I made it using the ingredients shown in the picture. Bananas are my favorite and I can't seem to not make one without it! It just adds such a delicious taste and makes it nice and creamy! When I buy my bananas I peel them, slice them, then put them right in the freezer! When you use frozen ingredients you don't have to add ice and they stay good longer! 


- handful baby spinach
- couple baby carrots
- handful frozen raspberries
- 1/2 avocado
- handful almonds
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- about 1/4 peeled & sliced cucumber
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- filled with water

Blend & Enjoy! Xo